Information for Schools and Teachers
Why encourage your students to enter a STEM competition?
- Working on a STEM project for the competition gives your students an opportunity to design their own learning experience, one that allows them to innovate just as Scientists do in the real world. Students can put their classroom learning into action and use scientific methods to answer a question, choose their own area of interest to research and improve their critical thinking and problem solving skills.
ideas to work the stem competition into your classroom
- Start a lunch-time science club to work with your students on developing their ideas
- Bring the competition into your classroom and run your own mini Science fair ahead of November
- For every student/pair that enters the STEM competition your school will receive a $50 Eye Heart Science gift voucher.
- A prize will be awarded to the school with the most competition entries
want to go full steam ahead?
- Contact Eye Heart Science to book tailored workshops with your students, these could be aligned to your current unit of work or special brainstorming workshops to help with planning competition entries